Being a Charity Animal Shelter we rely on the new and continuous help from people who volunteer their time to help not only in the care and rescue dogs but in Charity Fund raiser, re homing, administration, public media, maintenance & our two charity shops.
Stray Haven Shelter is based on 5 levels with an av 5 dogs per yard 5 yards per level, so as you can see we are a large area and many steps, not a volunteering job for the faint hearted. We are always looking for ways to improve the care for our 150 residents, but money always seems to slow us down.
The following shifts are available and over 7 days a week at the Shelter:
- Shift 8am – 1pm – Dog feeding, Pen cleaning & Dog loving
- Shift 1pm – 4pm – Pen Cleaning & Dog loving
- Shift 10am 2pm – Shelter Maintenance, Development & Dog loving
Other areas of Volunteering are as follows:
- Volunteer – Charity Fund Raiser
- Volunteer – Charity Administrator
- Volunteer – Dog Re Homing Administrator
- Volunteer – Charity Shop Assistant – Polis
- Volunteer – Charity Shop Assistant – Peyia
- Volunteer – Dog Groomers
- Volunteer – Dog Trainers
(Days and time for the Charity shops can be found on the Shop Information pages)